As always, we have some fantastic teaching helps for this important lesson. Our teaching packages are always filled with study material so the youth can learn for themselves – and everything is always centered on the scriptures and other approved sources such as True to the Faith.
This July “Come Follow Me” Young Women lesson kit comes with six amazing learning activities which helps you teach your LDS young women, or family to answer the question, “Why are Ordinances Important in My Life?“. You will be able to choose the best activities to fit the needs of your group, and then use as suggested or adapt as you see fit.
Included in this lesson are the following:
1. LESSON TOPIC PRINT: This page can be displayed throughout the lesson to help those you are teaching reflect upon the question and lesson topic.
2. TWO INTRO ACTIVITIES
4. UNDERSTANDING DIFFERENT ORDINANCES: group activity
5. STUDY SHEET: Scripture and True to the Faith study
6. QUOTE ACTIVITY
7. TEACHING SUGGESTIONS: This package comes with detailed suggestions for how to use each page we provide for you.
This package is also included in our JULY COMBO package HERE.
Here are some great links to help you study or teach the topic, “Why are ordinances important in my life?“
1. Ordinances True to the Faith
2. Preach My Gospel, chapter 5: Laws and Ordinances
3. Covenants and Ordinances by Elder Jorge A. Rojas
4. Do We Know What We Have? by Sister Carole M. Stephens
5. Gospel Fundamentals, Chapter 21: Ordinances
6. Ordinances (BYU Speeches) by Boyd K. Packer
7. The Necessity of Receiving Priesthood Ordinances of Salvation by Bruce Satterfield
8. Why are Ordinances Important in My Life? By Anthony Sweat
9. Red Headed Hostess Instant Download Teaching Package
We have a study and teaching package for you. This package has four amazing study sheets and a diagram that teaches the doctrine clearly. There is a great board activity/discussion, a handout, and TWO PERSONAL PROGRESS EXPERIENCES (Faith #4 and Divine Nature #4).
This month we have some free social media images for you! All of them match the teaching package too.
These can be used in any of the following ways:
- Post on social media to your youth to help get them more prepared, excited, and thinking about the lesson.
- Use their answers in your lesson (they will be more likely to respond to future social media questions if you do this).
- Ask them to post the question on their personal social media accounts and gather answers themselves (plus they are sharing the Gospel online!).
- Text or email the picture to your youth and tell them that you are gathering answers for your lesson and ask them to respond.
- Use as a follow-up to your lesson. Post the images that will help reinforce what they learned in class.
- Use to help involve and teach young women who were not at the lesson on Sunday.
- You can encourage the young women to comment and participate on social media by telling them that every time they comment you will enter their name into a drawing, and then you will draw out one name and they will get a treat.
- Right click on picture, save to your computer or phone.
- Email it to yourself if you need to transfer the image from your computer to your phone. Then open on your phone and save the images to your phone.
- Post on social media.
Here are some pictures you can choose from: