This July “Come Follow Me” Young Women lesson kit comes with eight amazing learning activities which helps you teach your LDS young women, or family to answer the question, “What does it mean to take upon myself the name of Jesus Christ?“. You will be able to choose the best activities to fit the needs of your group, and then use as suggested or adapt as you see fit.
This package is also included in our JULY COMBO package HERE.
Included in this lesson are the following:
1. LESSON TOPIC PRINT: This page can be displayed throughout the lesson to help those you are teaching reflect upon the question and lesson topic.
2. INTRO ACTIVITY
3. NOTE PAGE
4. BOARD ACTIVITY (incorporates four different learning activities)
5. HANDOUT / QUOTE
6. TEACHING SUGGESTIONS: This package comes with detailed suggestions for how to use each page we provide for you.
This month we have some free social media images for you! All of them match the teaching package too.
These can be used in any of the following ways:
- Post on social media to your youth to help get them more prepared, excited, and thinking about the lesson.
- Use their answers in your lesson (they will be more likely to respond to future social media questions if you do this).
- Ask them to post the question on their personal social media accounts and gather answers themselves (plus they are sharing the Gospel online!).
- Text or email the picture to your youth and tell them that you are gathering answers for your lesson and ask them to respond.
- Use as a follow-up to your lesson. Post the images that will help reinforce what they learned in class.
- Use to help involve and teach young women who were not at the lesson on Sunday.
- You can encourage the young women to comment and participate on social media by telling them that every time they comment you will enter their name into a drawing, and then you will draw out one name and they will get a treat.
- Right click on picture, save to your computer or phone.
- Email it to yourself if you need to transfer the image from your computer to your phone. Then open on your phone and save the images to your phone.
- Post on social media.
Here are some pictures you can choose from:
- You could post or text this scripture before your lesson and say something like, “Hey! For my lesson this Sunday, could you (in one sentence) describe what you think it means to ‘take upon the name of Christ’?” Then you could use their answers in your lesson.
- This comes from a handout in the teaching package. After giving them the handout you could post or text this image and ask, “How are these three questions making a difference in your life?”
- This comes from a handout in our package. This could be a great follow-up to that handout they receive.