This is a fun little thing I do with my classes at Christmas time, it could also be a fun thing for your next Christmas get together – but first, you give it a try!
Just try and decipher or translate the following Christmas song titles. They are popular Christmas songs put into different words that mean the same thing.
For Example: Sir Lancelot With Laryngitis
Sir Lancelot is a Knight. If he has Laryngitis, he can’t talk – so he is Silent. = Silent Night
Give a few a try:
1. Oh, Member of the Round Table with Missing Areas
2. Boulder of the Tinkling Metal Spheres
3. Vehicular Homicide was Committed on Dad’s mom by a Precipitous Darling
4. Wanted in December: Top Forward Incisors
5. The Apartment of Two Psychiatrists
6. The Lad is a Diminutive Percussionist
7. Decorate the Hallways
Did you get them?
Here is the printout that have 25 song titles as well as the answers.