This cake is SO yummy!!
My husband is addicted to it. It has such a light, refreshing flavor – perfect for summer.
This is meant to be served cold since it is very similar to Tres Leches because you use 3 milks that soak into the cake and make it super moist.
I made it red, white and blue for the Fourth of July, but the toppings can be switched up with all sorts of colors and flavors.
And, as you will read in the instructions below, your kids could easily help you decorate this and put all of the toppings on.
I wish you could taste this right through your screen. You would want to make it right now!
Check out how easy it is to make:
1 white cake prepared
1 13 oz can coconut milk
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 cup milk
1 bag of shredded coconut
1. Prepare your white cake
2. While it is baking, mix the 3 milks together and set aside
3. When the cake comes out of the oven, pierce it all over with a fork to create holes for the liquid to seep into
4. Slowly pour the milk all over the cake
5. Refrigerate the cake until chilled through
6. Mix 1 small container of whipped topping with 1 cup of shredded coconut. Spread over top of cake.
7. In a pan, melt 1 T butter. Add remaining coconut and stay close, stirring frequently, while the coconut toasts. Remove when you have a light toast and sprinkle all over the top of the cake.
8. Top with your fruit of choice.