This July “Come Follow Me” Young Women lesson kit comes with six amazing learning activities which helps you teach your LDS young women, or family to answer the question, “How Do I Receive the Gift of the Holy Ghost?“. You will be able to choose the best activities to fit the needs of your group, and then use as suggested or adapt as you see fit.
Included in this lesson are the following:
1. LESSON TOPIC PRINT: This page can be displayed throughout the lesson to help those you are teaching reflect upon the question and lesson topic.
2. INTRO ACTIVITY
3. HYMN ACTIVITY / BOARD ACTIVITY
4. TRUE TO THE FAITH STUDY PAGE
5. NEPHI VS. LAMAN AND LEMUEL STUDY PAGE
6. HOW IS THE LIAHONA LIKE THE HOLY GHOST / STUDY PAGE
7. QUOTES (BY PRESIDENT EYRING)
8. TEACHING SUGGESTIONS: This package comes with detailed suggestions for how to use each page we provide for you.
This package is also included in our JULY COMBO package HERE.
This month we have some free social media images for you! All of them match the teaching package too.
These can be used in any of the following ways:
- Post on social media to your youth to help get them more prepared, excited, and thinking about the lesson.
- Use their answers in your lesson (they will be more likely to respond to future social media questions if you do this).
- Ask them to post the question on their personal social media accounts and gather answers themselves (plus they are sharing the Gospel online!).
- Text or email the picture to your youth and tell them that you are gathering answers for your lesson and ask them to respond.
- Use as a follow-up to your lesson. Post the images that will help reinforce what they learned in class.
- Use to help involve and teach young women who were not at the lesson on Sunday.
- You can encourage the young women to comment and participate on social media by telling them that every time they comment you will enter their name into a drawing, and then you will draw out one name and they will get a treat.
- Right click on picture, save to your computer or phone.
- Email it to yourself if you need to transfer the image from your computer to your phone. Then open on your phone and save the images to your phone.
- Post on social media.
Here are some pictures you can choose from:
The image above can be perfect for connecting with the youth before the lesson. Their answers could be a great way to start your lesson!
This image is a great one to use after your lesson. You could post it the day following your lesson while the lesson is fresh on their minds. This is a perfect way to help them immediately apply the lessons they learned to their lives.
This is one of my all-time favorite quotes about the Holy Ghost!!