Are you looking to study or teach about ORDINANCES and why they are important in our lives? This printable package is full of options for you! Our learning activities are expertly designed to help those you are teaching learn the doctrine for themselves. There are hours worth of study and teaching in this package – just pick the ones that work for you.
In this package are four doctrinal study sheets, an informative diagram, a learning activity for the board, 2 Personal Progress experiences, teaching suggestions, and a handout that can be used in multiple ways!
* This is an instant download that will be available for you on your store account immediately after purchase.
Read below for a more detailed description.
Included in this package are:
LESSON TITLE PRINT
This can be printed and displayed throughout the lesson to help those you are teaching reflect and ponder upon it.
UNDERSTANDING ORDINANCES DIAGRAM
This diagram helps explain what ordinances are in a fun and effective way. Our illustrations show a variety of different ordinances and the difference between “essential” or “saving” ordinances and those that are not essential. You will be able to return to this diagram over and over throughout your lesson to help those you are teaching comprehend these important doctrines.
*Comes in full and half pages for you to choose from. The half pages are great inserts for class journals.
UNDERSTANDING ORDINANCES BOARD ACTIVITY
This board activity is an enlarged version of the diagram explained above. If you don’t have a board – just lay the pages out on the ground.
Before you handout the diagram you can have those you are teaching think through each ordinance, discuss them, and decide which side of the board it belongs. This is a great learning aid!
FOUR DOCTRINAL STUDY SHEETS
These four doctrinal sheets can provide you with hours of meaningful study! Included are the following:
1. Understanding Different Ordinances. We have given you several descriptions about ordinances. Those you are teaching can read through them and decide which ordinance is being described and then write the description under the correct picture. This is a great overview of several ordinances *Answer sheet included.
2. Scripture Study and True to the Faith Study Sheet. In each box you can record what you learn about ordinances from each scripture. This way you can keep everything you learn in one place and see how they connect! After you study the scriptures you can fill in the blanks using True to the Faith! Lots of learning opportunities on this study sheet!
3. Understanding the symbolism in ordinances. This study sheet helps those you are teaching reflect on the symbolism used during each ordinance. As they understand these they can better understand the covenants made with each ordinance and how it applies to them.
4. General Conference Talk or Church Article Study Sheet. This study sheet can be used with any talk or article about ordinances. Just give the talk along with this sheet and have those you are teaching keep notes in the four boxes. After they are done you can have a great discussion as you review what they recorded!
TWO PERSONAL PROGRESS EXPERIENCES
There are two personal progress experiences ( Faith experience #4 and Divine Nature experience #4 ) that would be great follow-up with this lesson and are designed to help the young women change habits and behaviors and personally progress in these areas. We have given you darling goal sheets that help them study each scripture, answer each question and track their progress as they complete these experiences.
If you like to give a cute handout with your lesson – we have given you one! This darling temple print prints 6 per page and contains Sister Julie B. Beck’s quote, “All faithful members of the Lord’s Church are equally blessed by priesthood ordinances“.
This handout can be attached to a treat, printed on sticker paper and stuck in the front of scriptures or in class journals, or taped into their scriptures next to one of the scriptures you studied together about ordinances.
We have given you tons of teaching suggestions that you can use and adapt to plan an impactful lesson.
To print as many times as you would like for your personal, family or classroom use (please show this to any printer you may take this to in order to prove that you are not infringing on the copyright by printing the book)
To print and give the book (on paper) to others
This file cannot be given to anyone else. You may give a printed copy but not the actual digital file. In order to own a digital file it must be purchased.
This file is never to be emailed to anyone else for the purpose of giving it to them or sharing it with them. In order to own a file it must be purchased.
Do not post this file, or images from this file on a blog, website or anything like it for the purpose of giving it away or selling it. If you wish to share about this book then you may use our display pictures.
Do not change this file in any way.
Do not use all or part of this file or book for commercial use in any way.
*Anything that is not meant for the intended use of this book which is for personal, family or classroom use. We are offering this as a digital file for the convenience of our customers, any abuse of that is not allowed.