Mar 24 2011
General Conference Note Packet
A lot of you have asked me: How do I use my scripture journal and take notes during General Conference?
Well… the answer is… I don’t.
I don’t want to sit there and flip back and forth between topics during the talks. There ARE times where I will jot things down in my journal if I have an “ah-ha” moment. But as far as note-taking…
I am much more likely to do something like this, and then LATER transfer the most meaningful things into my journal:
Here is a packet I have made for General Conference Notes. There is a page for each Apostle.
Here is a closer view. You can see that each page has the following things:
- Name and Picture
- A place where you can circle the session they spoke in
- A place where you can write down scripture references they used
- Fun facts about them
- A place for notes
- AND MOST IMPORTANT: A place for you to write down your own personal thoughts and insights. I feel that the most important part of conference is the personal promptings and inspiration I receive. And that is what that little cloud is for.
And let me emphasize… After conference is over I will go through my notes and transfer things into my journal under the appropriate topics.
In the packet there are 15 pages – one for each Apostle, and 2 pages of what you see above. As you fill these up with notes from members of the Seventy and other auxillaries, you can just print off more of this page.
Here are a couple of suggestions with this packet:
- Save it to your computer and THEN print it off. The proportions will be correct if you print it off that way, for some reason if you just pull up the link below – it may print off smaller. I don’t get why – but it does it on my computer and my brain will explode if I try and figure it out.
- I wanted to post this today because this would be a GREAT thing to give your YM/YW or Sunday School Class. It would be fun to give them a “General Conference Kit” including, this packet, some trivia cards (which will be posted tomorrow) and some treats they can’t eat until Conference. Also, to prep them, you may want to play this game.
Here is the PDF: General Conference Notes
And check out these really fun General Conference Doodle Journals!