This is a print-your-own package with 27 posters to print for the Basic Doctrines PLUS scripture stickers with the basic doctrines!
What are “Basic Doctrines”? Seminaries and Institutes have identified 26 critical doctrines that should be understood with clarity and taught effectively. You can find this easily by going to www.lds.org and searching “basic doctrines” in the search bar. These basic doctrines are similar to the doctrines taught in the youth’s Come Follow Me Curriculum. In this package are posters for each of the 26 doctrines, plus a poster titled “basic doctrines”.
The scripture stickers are sized to fit into the margins of your scriptures. Print them onto sticker paper or full-size label sheets and cut them out. Find scriptures that teach about each doctrine and put them in the margins next to that scripture.
Each poster has a picture on it that teaches about that doctrine. Have some fun and try to figure out what doctrines each poster is teaching by reading the definitions on the “basic doctrines” website (see paragraph above to locate website).
Here are some Ideas on how to use these posters and stickers:
FOR THE HOME:
– As you study the scriptures as a family, encourage your children to look for scriptures that teach about these doctrines. When one is identified, add the sticker into the margin.
– Pre-read a chapter and identify some doctrines taught before your family reads a chapter together. Give your children the stickers with some of the doctrines taught in that chapter and have them listen and look for those doctrines. When they identify the doctrine and verse, add the sticker to their scriptures.
– Pick a doctrine to focus on for Family Home Evening for a specific amount of time (like 1 month or a few weeks). Put the poster up somewhere in your home. As you learn about the doctrine, have your children add important facts onto the back of the poster.
– Pick a doctrine to study about. Give each child a poster with that doctrine on it. Encourage them to study that doctrine (using the scriptures, True to the Faith, lds.org, etc.) Have them fill in the back with everything they can find. Come together and teach each other from your posters.
FOR THE CLASSROOM:
– Use these posters as room decor.
– As these topics come up in lessons, take the poster off the wall and put it on the board. List things on the board that you learn about that doctrine and encourage the students to write those things in their seminary journals. When the list is complete, have a student write the things on the board on the back of the poster. Put the poster back on the wall. You can then pull the posters off the wall and use them for review activities or quizzes.
– Give each student a set of scripture stickers and a baggy (3 sets print onto 1 piece of sticker paper, each student will have 4 stickers for each doctrine). Have the students cut up the stickers and put them in the baggy. You can then have them find scriptures about each doctrine and place them into their scriptures, or you can divide up the doctrines among the students and have them find 4 good scriptures about their doctrine and lead the class in where to put them in their scriptures.
– Use some of the activities in “for the home” as group activities.
We also have a BASIC DOCTRINES PACKAGE #2, or a COMBO PACKAGE with both 1 and 2. Package #2 has BASIC DOCTRINE CARDS. See the related products tab for more information.
To print as many times as you would like for your personal, family or classroom use (please show this to any printer you may take this to in order to prove that you are not infringing on the copyright by printing the book)
To print and give the book (on paper) to others
This file cannot be given to anyone else. You may give a printed copy but not the actual digital file. In order to own a digital file it must be purchased.
This file is never to be emailed to anyone else for the purpose of giving it to them or sharing it with them. In order to own a file it must be purchased.
Do not post this file, or images from this file on a blog, website or anything like it for the purpose of giving it away or selling it. If you wish to share about this book then you may use our display pictures.
Do not change this file in any way.
Do not use all or part of this file or book for commercial use in any way.
*Anything that is not meant for the intended use of this book which is for personal, family or classroom use. We are offering this as a digital file for the convenience of our customers, any abuse of that is not allowed.