These are print-your-own basic doctrines cards (in 2 sizes)!
What are “Basic Doctrines”? Seminaries and Institutes have identified 26 critical doctrines that should be understood with clarity and taught effectively. You can find this easily by going to www.lds.org and searching “basic doctrines” in the search bar. These basic doctrines are similar to the doctrines taught in the youth’s Come Follow Me Curriculum. In this package are posters for each of the 26 doctrines, plus a poster titled “basic doctrines”.
Here are some ideas on how to use these cards:
FOR THE HOME:
– Print a set for each person in the family and encourage everyone to study the doctrines and write what they learn on the back (lds.org, True to the Faith, and Preach My Gospel, and the Bible Dictionary are excellent resources).
– Make a family set and study each doctrine. Decide on family goals that will help live principles you discuss associated with the doctrines. Record those goals on the back.
– Study each doctrine for Family Home Evening. Fill everyone’s set of cards with quotes, scriptures, etc. These can be excellent resources in their future.
– Study the latest General Conference talk. Look for teachings about these specific doctrines. Record the quotes on the back of each card.
– Use as cards to teach your young children and toddlers these important words and concepts
YOUNG MEN & YOUNG WOMEN:
– Print a set for each youth. Encourage them to fill their sets of cards with scriptures, facts, quotes, etc. Have YW display them at Young Women In Excellence.
– Use for activities (see activities below)
FOR THE CLASSROOM:
– Make a set for each student and punch holes and attach with a book ring. Have them study each doctrine using True to the Faith and other resources. Tell them that you will have some future tests and quizzes that (at times) you will allow them to use their cards. So, whatever they have on their cards they get to use on the test or quiz.
– Make a set for each student and punch holes in corners and add ring. Have them add facts they learn about each doctrine as you study the scriptures throughout the year.
– Make several activity sets (a full set is one of each card). Adapt these scripture mastery activities with basic doctrines. For example on the “beat your neighbor” activity, rather than a key phrase, you may say a fact about that doctrine. So, you may say “the sacrament is an example of this” and they would grab the “ordinance” card.
To print as many times as you would like for your personal, family or classroom use (please show this to any printer you may take this to in order to prove that you are not infringing on the copyright by printing the book)
To print and give the book (on paper) to others
This file cannot be given to anyone else. You may give a printed copy but not the actual digital file. In order to own a digital file it must be purchased.
This file is never to be emailed to anyone else for the purpose of giving it to them or sharing it with them. In order to own a file it must be purchased.
Do not post this file, or images from this file on a blog, website or anything like it for the purpose of giving it away or selling it. If you wish to share about this book then you may use our display pictures.
Do not change this file in any way.
Do not use all or part of this file or book for commercial use in any way.
*Anything that is not meant for the intended use of this book which is for personal, family or classroom use. We are offering this as a digital file for the convenience of our customers, any abuse of that is not allowed.