Joseph Smith-History 1:27-65 and Doctrine and Covenants 2 (January 11-17)
This lesson covers the following stories, and important doctrines and principles within them:
– Moroni appears to Joseph Smith
– Joseph Smith goes to Hill Cumorah and views plates
– Joseph’s brother Alvin dies
– Joseph marries Emma Smith
– Joseph takes possession of the plates
– Joseph protects the plates from thieves
– Introduction to Martin Harris
– Joseph and Emma move to Harmony, Pennsylvania
– Joseph begins translation
– Martin Harris takes characters and translation to language expert, Professor Charles Anthon
This printable kit is packed with options for you and your entire family! There are study and teaching helps for every age, including helps to dive into the scriptures, fun activities, church history stories, and lots more!
* Each weekly kit coincides with the Come, Follow Me schedule.
Here are some things in this kit – you get it all and can print the things that will help you the most.
Doctrine and Covenants 1 for ADULTS
- STUDY PAGES. Written by experienced and professional religion teachers. These will help you understand the background of the section(s) and teach your family with confidence. This is the most valuable thing in our kits. Great for teens too. Just give your teen the study pages, and on the top of each page write the day of the week you would like to discuss them together.
- Note pages
- Art prints
Doctrine and Covenants 1 for TEENS (Lots of options because teens do best with variety. You will be able to choose your favorite things).
- An illustrated infographic that teaches the background to this section.
- A multiple choice quiz
- Printable scripture stickers
- Illustrated Scripture Boxes / Scripture study activity
- Study pages activity / teaching opportunity
- “Joseph Smith” (General Conference talk by Eler Neil L. Andersen) / Study Activity
- A weekly goal page (to help them make and keep their goals in the Children and Youth program)
Doctrine and Covenants 1 for CHILDREN AGES 7-12
- Illustrated stories that teach the background and principle doctrines in this section.
- “Protect the Plates from the Theives” game. Have fun while learning!
- Scripture Study and Marking Guide.
Doctrine and Covenants 1 for CHILDREN AGES 2-6
- Illustrated stories
- Flannel board story (includes cut outs and story)
- Coloring pages
BONUS MATERIAL (For families who want more)
As a bonus, there are 5 areas of focus each week:
- A scripture study skill
- A person or place
- A doctrine or principle
- A fact about the 1800s
- A scripture of the week
- (Alternate): A story of the week.
Each week this kit will have 5 printable index cards (they print back-to-back). Each card will teach them one thing from the five areas of focus. Then you can keep a card box and file the cards each week and build their personal database.
This week they will learn these 5 things
- A scripture study skill: Name substitution
- A person or place: Emma Smith (includes paper dolls)
- A doctrine or principle: God has a work for me to do
- A fact about the 1800s: Popcorn / 1800 Activity: Making popcorn on the stove
- A scripture of the week: D&C 2:1-3
Subscribe monthly and save!! Click HERE to learn more!
To print as many times as you would like for your personal, family or classroom use (please show this to any printer you may take this to in order to prove that you are not infringing on the copyright by printing this file)
To print and give your prints (on paper) to others
This file cannot be given to anyone else. You may give a printed copy but not the actual digital file. In order to own a digital file it must be purchased.
This file is never to be emailed to anyone else for the purpose of giving it to them or sharing it with them. In order to own a file it must be purchased.
Do not post this file, or images from this file on a blog, website or anything like it for the purpose of giving it away or selling it. If you wish to share about this book then you may use our display pictures.
Do not change this file in any way.
Do not use all or part of this file or book for commercial use in any way.
*Anything that is not meant for the intended use of this book which is for personal, family or classroom use. We are offering this as a digital file for the convenience of our customers, any abuse of that is not allowed.