Doctrine and Covenants 102-105 Scripture Study and Activity Kit for Zion’s Camp. (September 13-19)
This week we will learn about Zion’s Camp.
The original art this week, made for these sections, is called “Returning Home” and depicts the Zion’s Camp returning home from Missouri. This journey ended up being far more than they expected it to be. Behind them is the land of Zion, still unredeemed. But ahead of them is a temple they need to finish and the organization of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles and the First Quorum of the Seventy. Nine of the Twelve Apostles and all Seventy of the Quorum of the Seventy will come from Zion’s Camp. As Wilford Woodruff (who was a member of Zion’s Camp) explained:
“We gained an experience that we never could have gained in any other way. We had the privilege of beholding the face of the prophet, and we had the privilege of traveling a thousand miles with him, and seeing the workings of the spirit of God with him, and the revelations of Jesus Christ unto him and the fulfilment of those revelations. . . . Had I not gone up with Zion’s Camp I should not have been here to-day [Salt Lake City, December 1869], and I presume that would have been the case with many others in this Territory” (Deseret News, Dec. 22, 1869, 543).
Here is everything in the kit for you. You get everything we offer and can then simply choose what will be best for yourself and those you teach.
* Each weekly kit coincides with the Come, Follow Me schedule.
Doctrine and Covenants 102-105 for ADULTS
- STUDY PAGES. Written by experienced and professional religion teachers. These will help you understand the background of the section(s) and teach your family with confidence. This is the most valuable thing in our kits. Great for teens too. Just give your teen the study pages, and on the top of each page write the day of the week you would like to discuss them together.
- Note pages
- Art prints
Doctrine and Covenants 102-105 for TEENS (Lots of options because teens do best with variety. You will be able to choose your favorite things).
- An Illustrated infographic that teaches the background to this section.
- Printable scripture stickers
- Table Poster: “Lessons Learned from Zion’s Camp “. Just set this out and let your teen study it on their own. These posters contain scriptures, quotes, links to talks and videos, discussion questions, and more.
- Zion’s Camp / Notebooking page
- Teen Chat. Discussion questions, background story, application stories, illustrations, etc. about spiritual gifts.
- A weekly goal page (to help them make and keep their goals in the Children and Youth program)
Doctrine and Covenants 102-105 for CHILDREN AGES 7-12
- Illustrated stories
- Scripture Study and Marking Guide.
- Zion’s Camp Movie Trivia (Fun Family Game)
- Table Poster for kids: Lessons from Zion’s Camp
Doctrine and Covenants 102-105 for CHILDREN AGES 2-6
- Illustrated Stories
- Zion’s Camp Book Page
BONUS MATERIAL (For families who want more)
As a bonus, there are 5 areas of focus each week:
- A scripture study skill
- A person or place
- A doctrine or principle
- A fact about the 1800s
- A scripture of the week
Each week this kit will have 5 printable index cards (they print back-to-back). Each card will teach them one thing from the five areas of focus. Then you can keep a card box and file the cards each week and build their personal database.
Subscribe monthly and save!! Click HERE to learn more!
To print as many times as you would like for your personal, family or classroom use (please show this to any printer you may take this to in order to prove that you are not infringing on the copyright by printing this file)
To print and give your prints (on paper) to others
This file cannot be given to anyone else. You may give a printed copy but not the actual digital file. In order to own a digital file it must be purchased.
This file is never to be emailed to anyone else for the purpose of giving it to them or sharing it with them. In order to own a file it must be purchased.
Do not post this file, or images from this file on a blog, website or anything like it for the purpose of giving it away or selling it. If you wish to share about this product then you may use our display pictures.
Do not change this file in any way.
Do not use all or part of this file or book for commercial use in any way.
Group accounts and sharing passwords is prohibited.
*Anything that is not meant for the intended use of this book which is for personal, family or classroom use. We are offering this as a digital file for the convenience of our customers, any abuse of that is not allowed.