Doctrine and Covenants 94-97 Study and Activity Kit. (August 30-September 5)
This week we will learn about the following things”
– The Lord rebuking the saints for not yet building a temple (D&C 95)
– The persecution of the saints in Missouri / the destruction of the printing press
– The Lord telling the saints in Missouri to build a temple (which they failed to do) D&C 97
The art this week is called “First at Work” and depicts Hyrum Smith clearing a field for the Kirtland Temple. When Hyrum learned that the location had been decided for the Kirtland temple, he immediately went and got his scythe and started clearing the land. He said, “We are preparing to build a house for the Lord, and I am determined to be first at work”
Here is everything in the kit for you. You get everything we offer and can then simply choose what will be best for yourself and those you teach.
* Each weekly kit coincides with the Come, Follow Me schedule.
Doctrine and Covenants 94-97 for ADULTS
- STUDY PAGES. Written by experienced and professional religion teachers. These will help you understand the background of the section(s) and teach your family with confidence. This is the most valuable thing in our kits. Great for teens too. Just give your teen the study pages, and on the top of each page write the day of the week you would like to discuss them together.
- Note pages
- Art prints
Doctrine and Covenants 94-97 for TEENS (Lots of options because teens do best with variety. You will be able to choose your favorite things).
- An Illustrated infographic that teaches the background to this section.
- Printable scripture stickers
- Table Poster: “Temples Bring God’s Blessings”. Just set this out and let your teen study it on their own. These posters contain scriptures, quotes, links to talks and videos, discussion questions, and more.
- Temple Art Print
- Teen Chat. Discussion questions, background story, application stories, illustrations, etc. about spiritual gifts.
- A weekly goal page (to help them make and keep their goals in the Children and Youth program)
Doctrine and Covenants 94-97 for CHILDREN AGES 7-12
- Illustrated stories
- Scripture Study and Marking Guide.
- Story time: The story of Mary Elizabeth and Caroline Rollins saving pages of the Book of Commandments that were being destroyed by the mob in Missouri
- Finish the Kirtland Temple / Drawing activity
- Family Movie Night
- Table Poster for kids: Temples Bring God’s Blessings
Doctrine and Covenants 94-97 for CHILDREN AGES 2-6
- Illustrated Stories
- Build a Temple Activity
BONUS MATERIAL (For families who want more)
As a bonus, there are 5 areas of focus each week:
- A scripture study skill
- A person or place
- A doctrine or principle
- A fact about the 1800s
- A scripture of the week
Each week this kit will have 5 printable index cards (they print back-to-back). Each card will teach them one thing from the five areas of focus. Then you can keep a card box and file the cards each week and build their personal database.
Subscribe monthly and save!! Click HERE to learn more!
To print as many times as you would like for your personal, family or classroom use (please show this to any printer you may take this to in order to prove that you are not infringing on the copyright by printing this file)
To print and give your prints (on paper) to others
This file cannot be given to anyone else. You may give a printed copy but not the actual digital file. In order to own a digital file it must be purchased.
This file is never to be emailed to anyone else for the purpose of giving it to them or sharing it with them. In order to own a file it must be purchased.
Do not post this file, or images from this file on a blog, website or anything like it for the purpose of giving it away or selling it. If you wish to share about this product then you may use our display pictures.
Do not change this file in any way.
Do not use all or part of this file or book for commercial use in any way.
Group accounts and sharing passwords is prohibited.
*Anything that is not meant for the intended use of this book which is for personal, family or classroom use. We are offering this as a digital file for the convenience of our customers, any abuse of that is not allowed.