Young Women leaders work so hard every week, let us help you put on this special event with minimal time and great results! We went to great effort to make the setup minimal for you while not sacrificing it being a truly special and memorable event.
This printable New Beginnings Kit is built around the theme “We Will Be Prepared”. This phrase comes from the end of the Young Women Theme after the girls have just recited the 8 values, they then say, “WE BELIEVE as we come to accept and act upon these values, WE WILL BE PREPARED to strengthen home and family, make and keep sacred covenants, receive the ordinances of the temple, and enjoy the blessings of exaltation.” This kit highlights how developing these values help the young women to be prepared for those important things stated at the end of the theme.
This digital kit also REALLY educates the girls and parents about the YW program and about Personal Progress. If they didn’t understand the program before, they will now! Parents will learn about the history of the YW program, and know exactly how many experiences and projects the girls need to accomplish, and what they can do to help them!
The entire event is built around a QUIZ that you will give to everyone in attendance. Then a leader (likely the YW president) will go through each answer, giving valuable insights as you go through the answers (we give you those insights!). Six short talks are woven into the correcting of the quiz – five from young women and one leader. The talks will be given after a question has been answered in the quiz that applies to the topic! For example, after the question “What are the eight Young Women values?” is answered, a young woman will give a talk on a particular value that she is developing and how it is helping her be prepared.
We have everything laid out for you! As you go through the quiz answers, you can make your own personal notes of things you want to add, and cross out things you want to skip!
This kit comes with all of the items listed below. You can choose to use it all, or just the items that fit your vision the best. We will give you really good descriptions so you know exactly what you are getting.
1. QUIZ: This is a fun quiz that you will give everyone at the beginning of the evening. Just give them about seven minutes to give their best guesses – and they can even ask their neighbors! They will be asked questions about the history of the YW program (Example: “What was the name of the original young women program?”), questions about the different classes (Example: “Why do you think the Laurels have their name?”), and questions about Personal Progress (Example: “What do young women do for the Virtue project?”). There are 20 questions that will really educate the parents and girls!
2. QUIZ ANSWERS / PROGRAM OUTLINE: The answering of the quiz everyone just took will basically be your New Beginnings program. The young women president should do this, since she can teach really important things as you move through each question. Or, you can divide the questions up among the different presidency members. We have given you the answers for each question as well as insights that you may want to share. Since everyone has already taken the quiz, they will want to know the answers and will stay engaged the entire time! We suggest that five short talks will be given (four from young women, and one from a leader) after certain questions are answered – it is all laid out in the outline!
3. TALK INVITATIONS: We have included invitations for you to give to the young women, leader, and bishop who will be giving short talks or remarks. The invite includes exactly when the event is, what the theme is, and what is being asked of each person. On the young women talks, there are even questions for her to answer to help her begin preparing for her talk!
4. NEW BEGINNINGS EDITABLE INVITES: Just type your information onto this editable PDF print, cut, and you are ready to hand invites for this event.
5. NEW BEGINNINGS EDITABLE PROGRAM: We have given you two programs to choose from. One is blank under the program outline so you can type in the details of your event, the other has a suggested outline, so you just need to type in your personal details. You can choose the one that fits your needs. The back of the program has a place for you to type in upcoming events such as girls camp and youth conference.
Instructions on how to edit the editable portions of this PDF are included with your purchase or can be downloaded HERE
(we have thrown in a lot of extra things for your event – you may want to use them all, or just some of them, you choose!)
6. ENGINEERING PRINT OF TEMPLE AND THEME:
An Engineering Print can be sent into Staples and be printed in the size 36” x 48” (3ft x 4ft) for only $11.89. You can pick it up at your local Staples or have it shipped to you for an additional $10. Instructions on how to upload to staples.com are included with your purchase or can be downloaded HERE
7. NEW BEEHIVE SPOTLIGHTS: Display these darling spotlight sheets for all your new incoming Beehives. They will feel so special, and the other young women can get to know them now, before they turn 12. We have included a really fun idea for a spotlight table too.
8. NEW BEEHIVE WELCOME CARD: Give each incoming Beehive this welcome card that all the other young women sign.
9. YOUNG WOMEN SHARING PAGE: Have each young women write a few sentences about how developing the young women values are helping her be prepared to strengthen home and family, make and keep sacred covenants, etc. Then you can display them on the wall, or staple them to a personal progress report on each girl and give them to each parent.
10. TAGS: We have included a “Thank You for Coming” tag if you would like to send a small favor home with everyone (we have given you favor suggestions). We have also included blank tags if you would like to give each young woman a small gift and would like to write their names on tags.
11. CUPCAKE TOPPERS: Just print, cut, tape to toothpicks, and then stick in each cupcake for a darling result!
12. POSTER HANDOUT: This beautiful print could be a wonderful gift to give to each young woman. Give it with a piece of washi tape and tell her to tape it up in her room where she will see it everyday and be reminded about how the young women values are helping to prepare her for really important things in her future.
13. IDEAS AND SUGGESTIONS: We have included pages to help you know how to use everything in this kit, as well as simple decor ideas and refreshment ideas that will take minimal effort with maximum impact.
14. PLANNING PAGES AND CHECKLISTS: We have thought through everything you need to do, assign, and think about and have created checklists and places to keep your notes.