Here is a little idea that you could use to review conference with your family or class…
Before General Conference…
Pass a set of these cards out to your family or class and have THEM all write questions from General Conference.
You can see above what each card looks like. Wouldn’t it be fun to see what questions your kids or class comes up with?
This is how many come to a page.
And in case you have kids that don’t write yet… or ones that do – but just love to draw…
There are some cards that look like this too.
THEN – when conference is over, for Family Night, or the following lesson, have everyone compile their cards together and play a trivia game.
Here is the suggested game that comes with the packet:
A few suggestions with this packet:
- As noted above, a bowl of candy is placed in the middle of the table, and every time you get one right – you get to choose a piece of candy. I would choose a very desirable candy for this game and place it in the center of the table BEFORE General Conference to help motivate them.
- If you use this with your class – I would take the bowl of candy to class THIS Sunday with a sign not to touch until after General Conference. Visual incentives are very effective.
- While playing the game, if they get their own question – all the better. That is one reward for participating in the question making.
- Give your family or class the note taking packet posted yesterday and make the game “open notes” – you may be surprised how diligently they take notes.
- If working with Young Men – giving them the challenge to stump each other may be a very entertaining. However, you may need to tell them that they need to be legitimate questions… not questions like “how many times did they say ‘the’…” 🙂
- When PRINTING THESE CARDS save it to your computer first and then print it! If printing directly from the link below, it may not be the proper proportions.
Here is the PDF: General Conference Trivia cards