What a wonderful and important lesson to give to the young women! This would also make an amazing family home evening lesson and discussion.
This package: Why are covenants important in my life – July young women lesson has five different study sheets you can choose from. When we design these teaching packages our focus is always on helping you teach the doctrine clearly and effectively. All of our study sheets are always completely centered on the scriptures, General Conference addresses, and other sources such as True to the Faith and Preach My Gospel.
We also have offered an optional board activity that will help those you are teaching ponder, share, and learn how to answer five essential questions about covenants.
This package: Why are covenants important in my life – July Young Women also has an optional journal activity if you use class journals, and there are printable quotes that can fit right into your wallet as a daily reminder of how important our covenants are. This would be such a great handout since each young woman can choose her favorite quote as a reminder to keep her covenants wherever she goes – at all times, in all things, and in all places.
The quotes in our package: Why are covenants important in my life? July Young Women also can be used to glue or tape into scriptures! Just encourage the girls to find scriptures that pair well with the quote and then insert them (they will love this!).
Again, you can find this package here: Why are covenants important in my life? July Young Women
This month we have some free social media images for you! All of them match the teaching package too.
These can be used in any of the following ways:
- Post on social media to your youth to help get them more prepared, excited, and thinking about the lesson.
- Use their answers in your lesson (they will be more likely to respond to future social media questions if you do this).
- Ask them to post the question on their personal social media accounts and gather answers themselves (plus they are sharing the Gospel online!).
- Text or email the picture to your youth and tell them that you are gathering answers for your lesson and ask them to respond.
- Use as a follow-up to your lesson. Post the images that will help reinforce what they learned in class.
- Use to help involve and teach young women who were not at the lesson on Sunday.
- You can encourage the young women to comment and participate on social media by telling them that every time they comment you will enter their name into a drawing, and then you will draw out one name and they will get a treat.
- Right click on picture, save to your computer or phone.
- Email it to yourself if you need to transfer the image from your computer to your phone. Then open on your phone and save the images to your phone.
- Post on social media.
Here are some pictures you can choose from:
This would be a really great image to share a week or two before July begins, and you could say something like, “Our July young women lessons are about ordinances and covenants! The lessons are all so amazing, but we would like to hear which ones YOU want to have! This pic shows all of the lesson titles Please leave your top THREE choices in the comments!”
This is a great question to post before or after your lesson. Posting it before could allow them to ponder the question and you could share their answers in class. Posting it after could be great review and a chance for the girls to share something they learned with one another. And girls who were not there can still be influenced by their peers and the lesson they missed.
This could be especially good to post before your lesson. This can allow them to ponder about covenants before they come to class.
This is another one you could post before the lesson and then share their answers in class. You could challenge the class to combine all of the answers into one definition.
This awesome quote is a great follow-up to the lesson. You could ask the young women to share in just a few sentences what they learned from the lesson.