This wonderful teaching tool is for Primary or families to help their children understand the April 2018 Primary theme, “Jesus Christ Restored His Church in the Latter Days.” This LDS Primary Sharing Time teaching package is designed specifically for April 2018 – Week 4. We have provided wonderful teaching tools and suggestions to help your LDS Primary understand how, “Joseph Smith Translated The Book of Mormon and Restored Gospel Truths.”
This teaching package is over 35 pages and includes the following:
Teaching Ideas and Suggestions
- Tips for Planning a Successful Sharing Time
- Sharing Time Suggestions
- Attention Activity – Use this great activity as you introduce the lesson topic to the Primary children! Place the the “Book of Mormon Titles” on the board. Ask the children if they can read any of the words or characters. Help the children identify each language.
- Scripture Fill-In-The-Blank – Have the children listen as you read Mormon 9:32 aloud. After reading, ask the children, “What was the language of the writings on the gold plates?” Have the children look under their chairs for the missing word strip. Teach the Primary children that Joseph Smith had to rely on the Spirit of the Lord, not his own knowledge, to help him translate the characters on the plates into English.
- Board Discussion – Use these printables to go along with the “Identify the doctrine and encourage understanding (discussion) section of the lesson outline. The children will learn how Joseph Smith translated the Book of Mormon and restored gospel truths
- “Unbury the Gold Plates” Primary Game – Use this fun activity to teach the Primary children how Joseph Smith received and translated the gold plates! The children will spin the spinner and answer questions as they play along!
Meaningful Teaching Display
- Sharing Time Lesson Title Poster: “Joseph Smith Translated The Book of Mormon and Restored Gospel Truths.” (2 sizes included)
- Custom Illustrations – Bright and eye-catching visuals to help you teach the lesson. These are helpful for both family home evening and Primary!
Teaching Take-Home Ideas
- Teaching Take-Home Ideas Instructions and Ideas
- Book of Mormon Primary Challenge
- Note to Parents – For Primary leaders teaching the Sharing Time lesson, “Joseph Smith Translated The Book of Mormon and Restored Gospel Truths”, this note can be given to each child to take home and give to their parents. This note contains suggested questions the parent could ask and discuss as they continue the child’s learning in the home.
- To print as many times as you would like for your personal, family or classroom use (please show this to any printer you may take this to in order to prove that you are not infringing on the copyright by printing the book)
- To print and give the book (on paper) to others
- To digitally send to other members of your Primary Presidency.
- This file cannot be given to anyone else. You may give a printed copy but not the actual digital file. In order to own a digital file it must be purchased.
- This file is never to be emailed to anyone else for the purpose of giving it to them or sharing it with them. In order to own a file it must be purchased. This file cannot be given to anyone else. (Sharing the file with your Primary presidency members IS ALLOWED.)
- Do not post this file, or images from this file on a blog, website or anything like it for the purpose of giving it away or selling it. If you wish to share about this product then you may use our display pictures.
- Do not change this file in any way.
- Do not use all or part of this file or book for commercial use in any way.
- Anything that is not meant for the intended use of this book which is for personal, family or classroom use. We are offering this as a digital file for the convenience of our customers, any abuse of that is not allowed.
*Note: Copyright enforced and protected by The Red Headed Hostess LLC.