SAVE BIG by purchasing this kit in our April 2018 Sharing Time Combo Pack!
This wonderful teaching tool is for Primary or families to help their children understand the April 2018 Primary theme, “Jesus Christ Restored His Church in the Latter Days.” This LDS Primary Sharing Time teaching package is designed specifically for April 2018 – Week 2. We have provided wonderful teaching tools and suggestions to help your LDS Primary understand how, “Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ Appeared to Joseph Smith.”
This teaching package is over 40 pages and includes the following:
Teaching Ideas and Suggestions
- Tips for Planning a Successful Sharing Time
- Sharing Time Suggestions
- “The Road to the Restoration” – Use this great “Road to the Restoration” activity to teach the Primary children how Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ appeared to Joseph Smith. We have provided a few different variations of the activity to help you best accommodate your Primary’s needs.
- Scripture Scavenger Hunt (Great for Senior Primary children)
- Basic “First Vision” Scavenger Hunt (Great for both Junior and Senior Primary children)
- Group Study Activity (Great for both Junior and Senior Primary children)
- The Story of The First Vision/Joseph Smith –Use these printables as you teach the Primary children about the story of the First Vision. This can help those you are teaching keep their thoughts and attention on this important lesson. The illustrations can also help you know how to paraphrase parts of the story.
- BONUS IDEA – Use these awesome illustrations to create a “First Vision” flip book to share with the children! As you tell the children the story of the First Vision, simply flip the pages!
- “The Sacred Grove” Song Activity – As suggested in the lesson manual, have the children sing the words to the first verse of the song, “The Sacred Grove” (CS, 87) Print these illustrations to display as you teach the lyrics. These illustrations can also be used to play a fun memory game! (See details inside lesson kit).
- Build a “Testimony Tree” – Get the children involved in the lesson with this great testimony activity! Have the children write, draw, and/or share their testimonies of Joseph Smith and the First Vision.
Meaningful Teaching Display
- Sharing Time Lesson Title Poster: “Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ Appeared to Joseph Smith.” (2 sizes included)
- Custom Illustrations – Bright and eye-catching visuals to help you teach the lesson. These are helpful for both family home evening and Primary!
Teaching Take-Home Ideas
- Teaching Take-Home Ideas Instructions and Ideas
- Note to Parents – For Primary leaders teaching the Sharing Time lesson, “Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ Appeared to Joseph Smith”, this note can be given to each child to take home and give to their parents. This note contains suggested questions the parent could ask and discuss as they continue the child’s learning in the home.
- To print as many times as you would like for your personal, family or classroom use (please show this to any printer you may take this to in order to prove that you are not infringing on the copyright by printing the book)
- To print and give the book (on paper) to others
- To digitally send to other members of your Primary Presidency.
- This file cannot be given to anyone else. You may give a printed copy but not the actual digital file. In order to own a digital file it must be purchased.
- This file is never to be emailed to anyone else for the purpose of giving it to them or sharing it with them. In order to own a file it must be purchased. This file cannot be given to anyone else. (Sharing the file with your Primary presidency members IS ALLOWED.)
- Do not post this file, or images from this file on a blog, website or anything like it for the purpose of giving it away or selling it. If you wish to share about this product then you may use our display pictures.
- Do not change this file in any way.
- Do not use all or part of this file or book for commercial use in any way.
- Anything that is not meant for the intended use of this book which is for personal, family or classroom use. We are offering this as a digital file for the convenience of our customers, any abuse of that is not allowed.
*Note: Copyright enforced and protected by The Red Headed Hostess LLC.