Help your children understand who Joseph Smith was, and what happened during the First Vision with this printable teaching package!
You will love the illustrations, the scripture activities, the story sticks, and more! See below for a detailed description of everything you receive!
*This teaching package can be used with Primary 5 lesson 1: Joseph Smith and the First Vision.
Included in this package are ALL of the following items:
1. Lesson Title Print: Print and display this illustrated lesson title that says “Joseph Smith and the First Vision”. This can help those you are teaching keep their thoughts and attention on this important subject.
2. Joseph Smith / First Vision Illustrated Timeline: This illustrated timeline displays important events and subjects about Joseph Smith’s life leading up to the First Vision. Under each illustration is a fill-in-the-blank statement that can be used by reading the listed scriptures.
3. Joseph Smith / First Vision Flash Cards or Flip Book: You can give each child their own set of flash cards (or make into their own flip books by punching a hole in each corner and attaching with a book ring). These, like the timeline, illustrate important events and subjects about Joseph Smith’s lie and include the scriptures from Joseph Smith-History chapter one under each illustration.
4. Joseph Smith / First Vision Story Sticks: Print these darling illustrations, cut out, and attach to popsicle sticks. Then use these sticks to teach about who Joseph Smith was and what happened during the First Vision. Then have the children retell the story using the same story sticks!
5. Build a Tree / Trivia: With this learning activity the children can build a tree (like in the Sacred Grove) as they answer trivia! We have given you 55 trivia questions and answers that you can ask the children. Have them search in the scriptures for the answers (we have given you the correct references) and then they can write the answers on each leaf and then attach it to the branches. Then you can use their leaves for further discussion and testimony sharing (suggestions on how to do this included in the package).
6. Parent Note: For primary teachers teaching Primary 5 lesson 1, this note can be given to each child to take home and give to their parents. This note contains suggested questions they parent could ask and discuss as they continue the child’s learning in the home.
7. Instructions and Suggested Uses. We don’t just give you amazing printable teaching helps, but we give you detailed suggestions on how to use them!
To print as many times as you would like for your personal, family or classroom use (please show this to any printer you may take this to in order to prove that you are not infringing on the copyright by printing the book)
To print and give the book (on paper) to others
This file cannot be given to anyone else. You may give a printed copy but not the actual digital file. In order to own a digital file it must be purchased.
This file is never to be emailed to anyone else for the purpose of giving it to them or sharing it with them. In order to own a file it must be purchased.
Do not post this file, or images from this file on a blog, website or anything like it for the purpose of giving it away or selling it. If you wish to share about this book then you may use our display pictures.
Do not change this file in any way.
Do not use all or part of this file or book for commercial use in any way.
*Anything that is not meant for the intended use of this book which is for personal, family or classroom use. We are offering this as a digital file for the convenience of our customers, any abuse of that is not allowed.