This LDS Sharing Time teaching package is designed specifically for August – Week 2. We have provided wonderful teaching tools and suggestions to help your LDS Primary understand how, “I Should Read, Listen to, and Look at Things that are Pleasing to Heavenly Father.”
This teaching package is 30 pages and includes the following:
Teaching Ideas and Suggestions
- Tips for Planning a Successful Sharing Time
- Sharing Time Suggestions
- “Stand Tall” Activity – This activity will teach the children that when they choose to read, listen to, and look at good things, they are choosing to stand tall like Jesus Christ. As they listen to the “Entertainment and Media” section of the For The Strength of Youth pamphlet, they will add arrow markers to the “Stand Tall” poster. Each arrow represents a good form of media!
- Choose the Right Media Activity – This fun activity was designed to get the Primary children involved in this important lesson! The children will pull scenario cards from the, “I Should Read, Listen to, and Look at Things that are Pleasing to Heavenly Father” bag. If the description on the card is something good to read, listen to, or look at, the children will place the card on the board around the coordinating poster. If the description on the card is not something that invites the Spirit, the children will place the card in the “Trash” bag.
Meaningful Teaching Display
- Sharing Time Lesson Title Poster: “I Should Read, Listen to, and Look at Things that are Pleasing to Heavenly Father” (2 sizes included)
- Custom Illustrations – Bright and eye-catching visuals to help you teach the lesson. These are helpful for both family home evening and Primary!
Teaching Take-Home Ideas
- Teaching Take-Home Ideas Instructions and Ideas
- “I Should Read, Listen to, and Look at Things that are Pleasing to Heavenly Father” – Coloring Page
- I Should Read, Listen to, and Look at Things that are Pleasing to Heavenly Father – Primary Handout
- Note to Parents: For Primary leaders teaching the Sharing Time lesson, “I Should Read, Listen to, and Look at Things that are Pleasing to Heavenly Father”, this note can be given to each child to take home and give to their parents. This note contains suggested questions the parent could ask and discuss as they continue the child’s learning in the home.
- To print as many times as you would like for your personal, family or classroom use (please show this to any printer you may take this to in order to prove that you are not infringing on the copyright by printing the book)
- To print and give the book (on paper) to others
- To digitally send to other members of your Primary Presidency.
- This file cannot be given to anyone else. You may give a printed copy but not the actual digital file. In order to own a digital file it must be purchased.
- This file is never to be emailed to anyone else for the purpose of giving it to them or sharing it with them. In order to own a file it must be purchased. This file cannot be given to anyone else. (Sharing the file with your Primary presidency members IS ALLOWED.)
- Do not post this file, or images from this file on a blog, website or anything like it for the purpose of giving it away or selling it. If you wish to share about this product then you may use our display pictures.
- Do not change this file in any way.
- Do not use all or part of this file or book for commercial use in any way.
- Anything that is not meant for the intended use of this book which is for personal, family or classroom use. We are offering this as a digital file for the convenience of our customers, any abuse of that is not allowed.
*Note: Copyright enforced and protected by The Red Headed Hostess LLC.