This LDS Sharing Time teaching package is designed specifically for June – Week 3. We have provided wonderful teaching tools and suggestions to help your LDS Primary understand how, “I obey the Word of Wisdom by eating and drinking that which is good and avoiding that which is bad.”
This teaching package is 30 pages and includes the following:
Teaching Ideas and Suggestions
- Tips for Planning a Successful Sharing Time
- Sharing Time Suggestions
- Word of Wisdom Wheel – Use this great activity to review the principles of the Word of Wisdom. Each piece of the wheel represents revelation given to Joseph Smith in Doctrine and Covenants 89 about the Word of Wisdom.
- Kids’ Kitchen: Word of Wisdom Recipe Activity – This fun activity is a great way to get the Primary involved in the lesson! They will love pulling out “ingredients” from the “Kids’ Kitchen” bag and deciding whether it is good or bad for our bodies. If the food is good or our bodies the child will place it in a mixing bowl. If it is bad for our bodies they will place it in the garbage. The children will stir the “healthy ingredients” together to reveal the final product (blessings of living the Word of Wisdom).
Meaningful Teaching Display
- Sharing Time Lesson Title Poster: “I obey the Word of Wisdom by eating and drinking that which is good and avoiding that which is bad” (2 sizes included)
- 1 Corinthians 3:16-17 Scripture Poster
- Custom Illustrations – Bright and eye-catching visuals to help you teach the lesson. These are helpful for both family home evening and Primary!
Teaching Take-Home Ideas
- Teaching Take-Home Ideas Instructions and Ideas
- Coloring Page: Have the Primary children color a picture of a meal that follows the teachings of the Word of Wisdom!
- Note to Parents: For Primary leaders teaching the Sharing Time lesson, “I obey the Word of Wisdom by eating and drinking that which is good and avoiding that which is bad”, this note can be given to each child to take home and give to their parents. This note contains suggested questions the parent could ask and discuss as they continue the child’s learning in the home.
- To print as many times as you would like for your personal, family or classroom use (please show this to any printer you may take this to in order to prove that you are not infringing on the copyright by printing the book)
- To print and give the book (on paper) to others
- To digitally send to other members of your Primary Presidency.
- This file cannot be given to anyone else. You may give a printed copy but not the actual digital file. In order to own a digital file it must be purchased.
- This file is never to be emailed to anyone else for the purpose of giving it to them or sharing it with them. In order to own a file it must be purchased. This file cannot be given to anyone else. (Sharing the file with your Primary presidency members IS ALLOWED.)
- Do not post this file, or images from this file on a blog, website or anything like it for the purpose of giving it away or selling it. If you wish to share about this product then you may use our display pictures.
- Do not change this file in any way.
- Do not use all or part of this file or book for commercial use in any way.
- Anything that is not meant for the intended use of this book which is for personal, family or classroom use. We are offering this as a digital file for the convenience of our customers, any abuse of that is not allowed.
*Note: Copyright enforced and protected by The Red Headed Hostess LLC.