What was Joseph Smith’s role in the restoration? This is such an important question for the youth today to be able to answer. This teaching package has five powerful learning activities that will help them be able to answer this question for themselves. There are activities that they can do as a group and others they can do on their own. Just choose the ones that you feel best fit your needs.
You can find this teaching package here: What was Joseph Smith’s role in the restoration? Printable teaching package.
This package is also found in our April combo package which includes 5 lessons. You can find that combo package here: April: Apostasy and Restoration
Our printable flip book is also perfect for this topic. This book teaches all about the history of the Bible, the reformation, and the need for the Book of Mormon and a restoration. It specifically talks about the state of the Christian world in Joseph Smith’s day. We have received SO many emails and comments about how clearly this book teaches the history in a way that is easy to understand.
This book also comes with a worksheet that can be filled out as you work through the book, and there are also trivia cards for review!
You can find this printable book (and see a lot of pictures and sample pages) HERE.
It is also available in the April combo package HERE.
This month we have some free social media images for you! All of them match the teaching package too.
These can be used in any of the following ways:
- Post on social media to your youth to help get them more prepared, excited, and thinking about the lesson.
- Use their answers in your lesson (they will be more likely to respond to future social media questions if you do this).
- Ask them to post the question on their personal social media accounts and gather answers themselves (plus they are sharing the Gospel online!).
- Text or email the picture to your youth and tell them that you are gathering answers for your lesson and ask them to respond.
- Use as a follow-up to your lesson. Post the images that will help reinforce what they learned in class.
- Use to help involve and teach young women who were not at the lesson on Sunday.
- You can encourage the young women to comment and participate on social media by telling them that every time they comment you will enter their name into a drawing, and then you will draw out one name and they will get a treat.
- Right click on picture, save to your computer or phone.
- Email it to yourself if you need to transfer the image from your computer to your phone. Then open on your phone and save the images to your phone.
- Post on social media.
Here are some pictures you can choose from:
This would be a great one to post to your young women BEFORE the lesson. You can gather their answers and use them in your lesson. You could also post it again AFTER your lesson and let them add to their answers using the things they learned.
This is a great image to share because it breaks down specific things the youth can do to build or strengthen their personal testimonies. You could share this before or after your lesson. If you do it before, you could ask the question, “What are some things that have helped strengthen YOUR testimony of the Prophet Joseph Smith?” Then you could use their answers in your lesson.
The rest of the images can help the youth fulfill Elder Neil L. Andersen’s challenge. You can say something like:
Let’s help each other strengthen our testimonies of the Prophet Joseph Smith by doing Elder Andersen’s challenge together! Read the quote and then answer the question by leaving a comment below! We will post a new challenge every day for 6 days. Let’s do this together!
*You may want to consider making this an optional Personal Progress experience.
This challenge will be especially meaningful if you studied Elder Andersen’s talk, Joseph Smith (October 2014 General Conference) during your lesson. It is excellent! We have a study for sheet in our teaching package that the young women can fill in as they study the talk. You can see it here: You can find this teaching package here: What was Joseph Smith’s role in the restoration? Printable teaching package.
The rest of the challenge is in the images below:
You can see all social media images for all of the April Young Women and Young Men lessons below. Just click on the links: